Hard court sites (AG, AHS, HM, HHS, OP, UNCW): 8:00 am matches moved to 11:00 am. 9:30 am matches moved to 11:45 am. 11:00 am matches moved to 12:30. 8 game pro-sets with no-ad scoring. Afternoon matches (originally scheduled for 12:30, 2:00 and 3:30) on a 1 hour delay. Afternoon matches will use Regular scoring.
Clay court sites (CFCC, LAND, PVCC, SJ, EF, HT): 1 hour delay. Regular scoring.
Week 1: 5.0/6.5/8.5, all age divisions, November 1-4, 2018 in Wilmington, NC
Week 2: 5.5/7.5/9.5, all age divisions, November 8-11, 2018 in Wilmington, NC
Jenny Phelps, Director of League Tennis
Phone: (336) 852-8577
HOST HOTEL (TOURNAMENT HEADQUARTERS)
Hampton Inn Wilmington-University Area/Smith Creek Station (124 Old Eastwood Road, Wilmington, North Carolina, 28403)
All Players must use the Online Registration at www.ncleaguetennis.com to register. If you have any issues with the registration system, email Cole Newsome at Cole@nctennis.com or call us at 336-852-8577 for assistance. This is not the TennisLink system. Being registered on your team in TennisLink does not register you for the State Championships. To be eligible, a player must have played any required matches (local play), be on the team's TennisLink roster and be registered for the appropriate week's event.
The Team Registration Deadlines are when each team must have the minimum number of players that can combine to form a legal roster registered for the event. Additional eligible players can register for the event up until their scorecard is turned in to the Site Coordinator for their match. Any team dropping out after the Team Registration Deadline will be required to pay a $300 penalty. Any registration fees paid up to that point will not be refunded. The Team Registration Deadline for Week 1 teams is October 15, 2018 at 3 PM. The deadline for Week 2 teams is October 22, 2018 at 3 PM.
$25 per player entry fee, plus a $1 PayPal fee.
T-shirts will be available for purchase at various locations throughout the weekend. Cash or Check at tournament sites. Credit Cards can be accepted in the tournament room only. To see this year's selections, click here. For store hours and location, click here.
USTA North Carolina has partnered with Rainedout.com for its 2018 State Championships to provide you with up-to-the-minute updates on any changes made to the schedule as a result of inclement weather via text message. To register, text the word "2018WEEK1" to 84483 for week 1 updates and "2018WEEK2" to 84483 for week 2 updates.
Registration will be in the tournament room at the Hampton Inn. Captains can either pick up their packet at the times listed below OR prior to their first match subject to tournament room hours. The Captains are not required to be the person to pick up the Captain Packet...you may send a friend, teammate, another captain, etc., but you are responsible for the information in the packet. The Captains Packet will contain the official copy of the schedule, team rosters, tournament reminders, scorecards, directions and additional tournament and local information.
Week 1 Teams: Wednesday, October 31, 2018 5-7 PM
Week 2 Teams: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 5-7 PM
- 5.0/6.5/8.5 Updated 10/31 at 3:30 P.M.
- 5.5/7.5/9.5 Updated 11/06 at 2:30 P.M.
- Tournament Information
- Championship Procedures
- 2.5/6.5/8.5 Tentative Schedule: Updated 10/29 @ 9:30 AM. This schedule is tentative and subject to change. Captains will receive a final copy of the schedule in their Captain Packet at registration. DO NOT refer to TennisLink or the USTA mobile app for match times.
- 5.5/7.5/9.5 Tentative Schedule: Updated 10/29 @ 9:30 AM. This schedule is tentative and subject to change. Captains will receive a final copy of the schedule in their Captain Packet at registration. DO NOT refer to TennisLink or the USTA mobile app for match times.
- Tournament Merchandise: T-shirts will be available for purchase at in the tournament room throughout the weekend. Cash or Check or credit card. To see this year's selections, click here. For store hours and location, click here.
- Player Party: Smoke on the Water, Friday evening from 4:30-7:30 PM (both weekends). Players free, guests $20 at the door.
- Wildcard Procedures
- Interactive Map: Court and hotel locations, addresses and directions.
- Tournament Registration: Click here to register